AVLS 35th Annual Congress 2021
The AVLS 2021 Annual Congress will be gathering at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center in Denver, Col., from October 7 to 10. The 2021 sessions will focus on recent research in the field of venous and lymphatic disease, specifically around data from the AVLS PRO 2.0 Venous Registry. The meeting will comply with local, state and federal COVID-19 policies, including social distancing and masking. Registration limits have been increased to 700 in-person attendees. There will be up to four sessions running concurrently as well as a general session and the Innovation Pavilion. Additionally, in-person attendees will receive access to all online content, including the on-demand recordings made available to at-home attendees through December 31, 2021.
AVLS 2021 will include 22 hours of live education sessions, 67 hours of on-demand recorded educational sessions, and four FVLD fundraising events with plenty of opportunities for fun and networking. There will also be dedicated sessions on Friday and Saturday for residents, fellows, and medical students. The primary target audience of the 35th Annual Congress includes physicians, physician assistants, advanced registered nurse practitioners, ultrasound technologists, practice administrators, lymphedema therapists, and all other healthcare professionals currently or planning to care for patients with venous and lymphatic disease.
Learning objectives of the conference include exploring the evaluation of patients with venous and/or lymphatic disease, assessing treatment goals with regard to improving quality of life, and diagnosis and treatment developments, in addition to many other topics!
AVLS is a leading entity in the venous/lymphatic world and this year’s conference will be another great gathering of thought-leaders from around the medical world.
- Programming will especially focus on research through theme “Show Me the Data!” Recent research and abstracts will be featured throughout sessions in addition to the abstract presentations. Several presentations will feature research and data from the AVLS PRO 2.0 Registry.
- Abstracts were accepted through June 30, 2021. Accepted abstracts will have the opportunity to present in-person in Denver, Col.
- Opening session keynote address by Dr. David Lechner, Chief Medical Officer of BlueCross BlueShield of Montana.
- Special guest from NASA, Dr. Scott Smith will be presenting “MTHFR, SANS, Wounds and Microgravity” during the Friday Wound Care session.
- 21.75 hours of live educational sessions from October 7–10, 2021
- 65.25 hours of on-demand recorded educational sessions available through December 31, 2021
- Walter P. de Groot Scholarship – Up to three physicians-in-training will be awarded a full scholarship to attend the 35th Annual Congress with up to $1,000 towards travel expenses. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to serve on AVLS educational committees and develop future educational opportunities with the AVLS.
Foundation for Venous & Lymphatic Disease Fundraisers:
- Golf Outing
Wednesday, October 6 at 12:00 p.m. MDT
Green Valley Ranch Golf Club
Sponsored by medi USA
- Congress Expedition
Wednesday, October 6 at 1:00 p.m. MDT
Red Rocks Colorado
Sponsored by Center for Vein Restoration
- Fun Run & Walk for Mel
Saturday, October 9 at 6:30 a.m. MDT
Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center
Sponsored by Boston Scientific
- Golf Outing