American Venous Forum
24th Annual Meeting
February 8-11, 2012, in Orlando
Don’t miss the premier meeting for healthcare providers, researchers and trainees with an interest in venous disease. Attendees have the opportunity to learn from, and network with, internationally recognized experts on all aspects of venous disease, diagnosis, pathophysiology and treatment.
• The Villavicencio Forum on AV Malformations/Lymphology with the inaugural lecture provided by Dr. J. Leonell Villavicencio, the esteemed vascular surgeon who was Professor of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
• The David Sumner Venous Summit, chaired by Dr. Robert McLafferty, Professor, Division of Vascular Surgery, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, which will feature True Controversies in Venous Disease
• The Dr. Eugene Strandness Lecture, delivered by Dr. Paolo Prandoni, University of Padua (Italy). a world renowned authority on venous thromboembolism. Dr. Prandoni, who will give a talk titled Venous and Arterial Thrombosis: Is there a Link?
• Venous Care for Nurses/Nurse Practitioners will be led by Dr. Fedor Lurie, Clinical Professor of Vascular Surgery at the University of Hawaii.
• Examination of Iliac Veins for vascular technologists is hosted by Dr. Nicos Labropoulos, Professor of Surgery at Stony Brook (NY) University Medical Center, pioneer this unique technique.
• Additional subsections on varicose veins/sclerotherapy and bio-engineering/devices.
• Multiple symposia, presentations and workshops on a range of clinical issues related to venous disease, as well as original research reports, Ask the Expert sessions and a poster session.
American Medical Association (AMA) Physician's Recognition Award (PRA) Category 1 Credits™ will be provided for select program elements.
For More Information
To register, contact the American Venous Forum at 978-927-7800 or log on to www.veinforum.org.